Monday, December 18, 2017

Power Rangers Battle Beasts Season 1, Episode 8: When the Going Gets Tough

Hey guys. Back with another episode of Power Rangers Battle Beasts, Episode 8, When the Going Gets Tough. Enjoy!

_________________________________________________________________________________

The episode begins on the Zenix Arrowship where Neuron steals some of Zarkron's coins (no innuendo) and is seen with a peculiar looking gun. He is then encountered by Naria.

Naria: I demand to know what you are doing.
Neuron: Oh, nothing much of a big deal. Other than the fact that is now my turn to strike. Bloxor has proven to be a failure, and these items are necessary to my plan.

He says as he holds up the coins and the gun.

Naria: What is it?
Neuron: Oh this? Well, it's just a little device I whipped up to ensure my victory.

We cut back to EZ's house as we see Aaron, Leon, and Sadie watching A Nightmare on Elm Street 3, specifically the scene with the marionette death.

Sadie: Oh God, make it stop!
Leon: I've got no strings to hold me down, to make me fret, or to make me frown!
Sadie: Shut it!

Sadie says as she pushes away Leon's head in anger. After seeing the part where the victim falls to his death...

Sadie: Screw this, I'm gonna take a bath!
Aaron: Well, hey, at least they were nice enough not to show what he looked like when he hit the ground.
Leon: Probably would've been gory like in a Mortal Kombat game.

When shes walks towards the bathroom, Trevor comes rushing out of said place with trash bags and rushes into the kitchen.

Sadie: What the hell! What are you doing?
Trevor: Can't talk! Garbage truck comes at 8:00!

He takes out all of the trash bags and rushes outside. 1 minute later, Trevor comes in, panting.

Trevor: Where...the hell...is Amy?
Leon: I don't know.
Dweeb: Oh, you mean that pretty brunette haired girl?

This surprises the others as they scream.

Aaron: Yeah. Who are you?
Dweeb: I'm EZ's neighbor, Dex Weeb.
Leon: Dex Weeb? Wait, if you take out the E and the X and leave out the D, wouldn't that spell Dweeb?
Dweeb: Hey, I'm proud of the name my parents gave me!
Trevor: Wait, how do you know about Amy?
Dweeb: I just saw her come out of your apartment when I took my trash out. She walked to the mall on her own.
Trevor: Well that's were I'm heading. She was supposed to take out the trash and I'm gonna call her out on it.

He sees as he leaves.

Leon: Don't be too hard, she's too cute to be yelled at.
Dweeb: Anyways, do you know where's EZ-sempai?

Speaking of said person, EZ walks out his room after filming for a review.

EZ Rider: Got some filming do--Oh hey, Dweeb.
Dweeb: Here's an invitation to my party I'm throwing tonight. It's to celebrate my promotion at my job.
EZ: Well, it's better than what happens at my job. Sounds like fun.
Dweeb: It starts at 8:00. Later.

He exits.

Aaron: Who gives out invitations on the same day of the party? I don't get that.
EZ: Well, at least we get some down time. Just hope the Zenix Empire or the Vanity Alliance aren't up to anything.

Speaking of the Vanity Alliance...

Suit: Mr. Chairman, the next subject is at 100%.
Chairman: It's about time to continue the project. Send out Crabclaw.

Transitions into opening theme.


After that, we cut to Trevor entering the mall and goes into JCPenney's, were he finds Amy shopping.

Amy: Oh hey, Trevor!
Trevor: What are you doing here?
Amy: Shopping. A girl's got to have her fun, right?
Trevor: You know you were supposed to take out the trash, right?
Amy: Oh, I forgot! I'm so sorry.
Trevor: Don't worry, I took care of it. Anyways, you gotta stop slacking of.
Amy: What's the big deal, Mr. Strickland? Leon slacks off all the time.
Trevor: OK, that's true, but that's beside the point! What I'm trying to say is that you need to--.

She shoves a bun she got from the food court in his mouth.

Amy: Here. Try this. I got it from the food court.

After taking it out of his mouth and taking a bite of it.

Trevor: Huh. That's really good.
Amy: Come on, you can help me shop.

She says as she pulls his arm as they go. This leads to a shopping spree were she tries out some clothes, getting opinions from Trevor. Cut back to EZ's house, we see Aaron and Leon playing some Fallout.

Aaron: I wonder what's taking them so long.
Leon: Probably captured him and put him apart of her shopping spree.

They both laugh. Sadie then comes walking out from the bathroom in a bath towel. She asks Aaron and Leon as they play.

Sadie: Have any of you seen the shampoo?
Aaron & Leon: No.

She walks over to EZ as he is on his computer.

Sadie: Hey, EZ. What you working on?
EZ: Just looking through these files on a hard drive that I got a while back. Trying to see if there's any intel on my brother, Paul.
Sadie: Why would the Alliance have intel on Paul?
EZ: He was a scientist who worked for them. Trying to see if there were any projects he was working on. I wanna get rid of those bastards and clear my name. Anyways, what's u---!

Once he sees Sadie in a bath towel, he gasps and stutters in shock.

Sadie: Oh, sorry! I'll go change now!

She walks off and once she closes the bathroom door...

Leon: Wait, what just happened?

Cut to the Zenix Arrowship.

Bloxor: Where the hell is Neuron? He's making me suspicious about him.
Naria: He had left this morning. Before, he stole some of Zarkron's Ziggler Coins.
Bloxor: What, is it part of some big plan of his?
Naria: I do not know.
Zarkron: Neuron has a unique mind that brings out interesting ideas. One of many reasons why he is useful.
Bloxor: *Teh*

Cut back to Earth, with Amy & Trevor, as they walk down the sidewalk, with Trevor carrying many bags.

Trevor: God! Why did you have to buy so many stuff? Where did you even get the money to afford all this?
Amy: Oh I just begged Aaron.

Flashback to said scene...

Amy: Please?
Aaron: No.
Amy: Please?
Aaron: No.
Amy: Please?
Aaron: No.
Amy: Please?
Aaron: No.
Amy: Please?
Aaron: No.
Amy: Please?
Aaron: No.
Amy: I'll pose in a bikini if you let me.
Aaron: Here's 50 bucks. Bye.

Back to reality...

Trevor: Using your sexuality to get what you want. Manipulative.
Amy: What do you mean by that?
Trevor: What I'm trying to say is--

His phone starts ringing.

Trevor: Hello?
Aaron: We've got trouble. Zarkron's at it again.
Trevor: Where's the monster?
Aaron: He's near you guys. On 59th Street Plaza. We'll meet you there.
Trevor: Thanks.
Amy: Trouble?
Trevor: Yeah. Let's leave these here.

He drops the bags down and runs off.

Amy: Hey! *grunts*

She runs off with him and they reach the location, but find no one, but to their surprise an energy blast heads towards them.

Trevor: Look out!

They both jump from the explosion and notice the presence of Neuron.

Trevor: There he is!
Neuron: Hello, Power Rangers. Pleasure to meet your acquaintance. I am Neuron, general of the Zenix Empire.
Trevor: General?! So he's like Bloxor.
Amy: Well he'll fall like he did.

They take out their Morphers as Neuron commands his Zigglers to charge.

Neuron: Go!

The two then morph as they head towards the Zigglers. Meanwhile, the others are on their way as they take Aaron's truck.

Sadie: Go left, that's a shortcut.
Aaron: Are you sure?
Sadie: I've been studying maps, I'm pretty sure I--

Then, another monster jumps out from the sea, getting the attention of Leon.

Leon: HOLY SH--!!

The monster blasts at Aaron's truck, causing it slide on the road, making our heroes jump out of the car and land on the ground. The monster does so to on his feet.

Aaron: Alright, whose the son of a bitch who attacked my truck?
Crabclaw: That would be me! Crabclaw.


Crabclaw (cont.): The Alliance has employed me to dispose of you Rangers.
Sadie: First, Zarkron, now the Alliance. Must be a busy day.
Leon: Guess the others have to wait.

They then grab out their Morphers and morph as well.

All Three: It's Morphin Time! Spirit Unleash!

They had towards the monster and begin to fight him. Back to Trevor & Amy, the two of them take on the Zigglers in a very impressive fight. Neuron then takes out his gun and fires at Amy. She tries to block it with her Beast Blaster in Saber Mode, but it doesn't do any good. This catches the attention of Trevor.

Trevor: Amy!

Neuron head towards her and converts his gun into a rapier, pursuing her in combat. Sadly, Neuron gets the best of her, causing her to demorph.

TrevorAmy!

Two Zigglers seize her up and raise her up in front of Neuron.

Amy: *grunt* Let me go!
Neuron: Don't worry, this won't hurt at all.

Neuron presents his gun and places it on her shoulder, as Trevor tries to fight off the Zigglers to get to her.

Amy: God, I hate needles!
Neuron: Don't worry. It wont go into you. In fact, the other way around.

He pulls back the trigger in the gun, causing her to be sucked into it.

Trevor: What did you do her? Give her back!
Neuron: If you insist.

He places the gun on one of the Ziggler's shoulders, and injects it into him, causing Amy's Avatar head to appear out of it.

Trevor: What the!
Neuron: Impressed by my invention? All I just did was insert her essence into this Ziggler's body. She herself is now a Ziggler!
Trevor: Amy...a Ziggler?
Amy: Attack him.

Her eyes then turn red as Neuron gives her his rapier.

Neuron: You'll need this.

She charges towards Trevor as the latter is reluctant to fight.

Trevor: Wait, stop! Don't you know who I am?

She fights him as if she didn't have a mind. Cut back to EZ's house as he views both of the battles.

EZ: My God. So many crisis'.
Rager: So what's your plan of action?

After a couple of seconds of thinking...

EZ: Suave, you go help Trevor. Rager, you come with me.
Suave: About time we got some action done.

The three head out the door. As they exit, Dweeb is out there, fogging up his glasses and not noticing them.

Dweeb: Huh? Was that a cat?

As EZ and Rager head on their way, they are suddenly stopped by a group of Wraiths.

Rager: Wraiths!
EZ: God, when will it stop.

Rager then takes out his katana as EZ uses his Morphin Brace to transform into EZ Buster. The two then fight off the Wraiths. As Rager slashes each Wraith with his katana, EZ uses his Sougan Blade to strike them. When a Wraith runs behind him, he blasts it with his Ichigan Buster.

EZ: Next time, be quicker than that.

He then combines his two weapons into the Ichigan Buster Special Buster Mode and blasts the last three Wraiths. After the fire widths away, EZ then notices a hard drive on the ground.

Rager: What's that?
EZ: Looks like another hard drive.
Rager: Wait, do you think their could be new files on that thing?
EZ: Could be. We'll look at it later. Come on.

Back to Trevor and Amy's story, Amy goes relentless on Trevor with Neuron's rapier. She converts it into gun mode and blasts him, causing him to demorph, where his appearance shows that he is injured. She converts it back to rapier mode and walks towards him, probably to deliver the final blow. As she does, thankfully, Suave stops the tip with his staff.

Trevor: Suave?
Suave: Sup', kouhai.

He moves away the rapier and pushes her away. He throws smokebombs at them, disappearing with Trevor.

Neuron: Running away? Well, don't worry, we'll still be here, but in ten minutes, I wouldn't say the same for her.

They walk off as he does an evil laugh. We then see Suave and Trevor are hiding behind a wall.

Suave: Doesn't sound like good news for the princess.

Trevor tries to get up as he holds his cut arm.

Suave: What are you doing?
Trevor: What does it look like I'm doing? I'm gonna save her.
Suave: You can't. Your too injured.
Trevor: Try to stop me.
Suave: Don't worry. I will. Sit down. I'm gonna tend to your wound and we can talk.

He says as he takes out a cloth from his pocket and wraps it around Trevor's arm.

Trevor: You rather talk then figure out a way to save Amy? Uh-uh!

Trevor tries to get up, but Suave stops him.

Suave: Is it just because you wanna tell her off? Sit down! Now tell me. How do you feel about Amy?
Trevor: Well, I just don't like the way she's not committed to her tasks. Especially when we're trying to find the cube.
Suave: What if she wants to experience new things here on Earth?
Trevor: I respect her for that, but--
Suave: And there you go. What do you respect about her? How did you feel when you were on that shopping spree?
Trevor: How did you know?
Suave: I was on a date with a cute redhead.

Flashback to said scene.

Trevor: Anyways, when I was with her, I forgot about her lack of commitment, and I felt like I soften up with her. I was glad she was happy.
Suave: So what I'm trying to say is, don't bring out an opinion on someone unless you know more about that person.
Trevor: Thanks. Your a pretty good teacher.
Suave: Well, I got my lessons from Rager-sempai. Hard to believe, I know. Maybe you can be my apprentice.
Trevor: Sounds good, but first, we got to think of a plan. Wait, what about the others?

Speaking of, the other Rangers are getting there asses handed to them by Crabclaw, who fires an energy blast at them, which causes them to demorph.

Crabclaw: Not so tough now with your fancy-shmancy suits now?

As he walks towards them, he is about to strike them, but is soon hit by a blast from a distance. It is revealed to be EZ and Rager.

Aaron: EZ!
EZ: Looks like I got hear in time.
Crabclaw: See if you can dodge this.

He summons another group of Wraiths.

Rager: I'll take care of them.

He jumps off from the cliff he was on and battles the Wraiths with his katana.

EZ: While he's busy, I gonna deal with you.

EZ then transforms into Kamen Rider Black RX.

EZ: Henshin!

As he transforms into the Child of the Sun, he battles Crabclaw and dodges the blasts the monster throws at him. Rager continues his fight with the Wraiths, warding them off one by one.

Leon: Damn, he's awesome!
Aaron: Let's get in there!

They grab out their Morphers and morph.

All Three: It's Morphin Time! Spirit Unleash!

They then go into a roll call, even EZ joins them!

Aaron: Spirit of the Eagle! Power Ranger...Red!
Sadie: Spirit of the Shark! Power Ranger...Blue!
Leon: Spirit of the Lion! Power Ranger...Yellow!
EZ: I am the child of the sun! Kamen Rider...Black...RX!
Aaron: Spirits, Unite as One! Power Rangers...
All Three: Battle Beasts!

The Rangers and RX go into fight Crabclaw. As Round 2 begins, Zarkron and the others watch.

Bloxor: Damn the Vanity Alliance!
Zarkron: There sources are intriguing. I wonder if we could join together.

Back to the fight...

Sadie: SHARK CYCLONE SPIN!!
Leon: LIGHTNING LION STRIKE!!

There attacks end up hitting Crabclaw, weakening him.

EZ: You doing good. Are you sure you didn't need me?
Aaron: Funny. Let's finish him off.
EZ: Right!

Aaron goes into Gorilla Mode as EZ brings out the Revolcane.

Aaron: Spirit Unleash!
EZ: Revolcane!

They do their final attacks as EZ stabs Crabclaw.

EZ: Do it now!

Leon and Sadie propel Aaron up into the air, where he does a Final Punch on Crabclaw, clobbering him as EZ gets out of the way.

Aaron: Battle Beast, Final Smash!

Crabclaw then speaks his final words before blowing up.

Crabclaw: You may have won this battle, but the war is far from over!

The Chairman then brings out his next trick.

Chairman: Begin the enlarging phase, now!
Suit: Yes, Mr. Chairman.

The guy in suit brings out his phone and presses the button, making Crabclaw grow.

Crabclaw: Guess I can take back that cliched sentence.
EZ: You guys think you can take from here?
Aaron: Yeah. Alright, let's go!

They bring out the Gorilla, Lion, and Shark Cube Zords...

Aaron: Zords, combine!

 ...to form the Battle Kong Megazord King Mode.

All Three: Battle Kong Megazord, Ready!
Crabclaw: Hit me with your best shot!

Crabclaw fires his energy blasts at them, but they stop it with there Konga Blaster.

All Three: Konga Blaster!

They then punch him with the Megazord's fist, sending Crabclaw into the water.

EZ: Good, now finish him!
Aaron: Right.

When he gets back up...

All Three: Battle Kong, Final Rapid Punch!

...he is finished off by their attack.

Crabclaw: You will never beat the Vanity Alliance!

They yell out in victory and jump out their Megazord and demorph.

EZ: That was awesome, but we gotta save the victory for later, Trevor and Amy need us.
Sadie: Well, let's go!

Cut back to Trevor's story, we see Neuron on a throne while the Amy Ziggler sits on his lap.

Neuron: This is quite relaxing. Maybe I should keep you instead.
Trevor: Not gonna happen!

Trevor appears with Suave at his side.

Neuron: So you've appeared. Zigglers, get them!

Zigglers charge towards them, but Suave takes them on.

Suave: Don't worry, I got them. Go, kouhai!
Trevor: Right!

He walks up the stairs.

Trevor: Give my friend back! or I'll kick your ass!
Neuron: Imbecile. You have two options. To kill your friend, or to be killed by her.
Trevor: Well, I know there's another way! It's Morphin Time! Spirit Unleash!

He morphs as Neuron gives Amy his weapon.

Neuron: You know what to do. Eliminate him.

She fires at Trevor, but he dodges it.

Trevor: Amy, it's me, Trevor! You got to hear me!

She continues to fire at him as she continues to walk down the stairs. He keeps getting hit as he tries to get to her.

Trevor: Amy, please, you've got to be in there!

She continues to fire at him. When he gets closer to her, he places his shoulders on her.

Trevor: Amy! Amy!

She fires point-blank at his chest, causing him to fall down the stairs and demorph.

Suave: Kouhai!

Trevor spits out blood and Amy points the gun towards his head.

Trevor: Amy, I haven't seen you as someone important, but remember that shopping spree.

Flashback of said moment.

Trevor: I felt like I had fun with you. I have feelings for you, Amy! Please, you've got to listen!

He gets up, where the gun is towards his chest. It seems like Amy is listening as she raises her head, and gets feeling on her hand.

Neuron: Finish him!

As she is about to deliver the killing blow, the others arrive. Sadly, she has pulled the trigger.

Aaron: No!
Leon: Oh my God!
Sadie: Trevor!
EZ: Trevor!

Trevor's body falls to the ground, looking dead. The others run to him as the Ziggler Amy walks back to her master.

Neuron: Splendid. Let's see if you can do the same with the others.

Amy shoots the gun out of his hand, and Trevor reveals he is okay as he grabs the gun from the air. He uses it on Amy and sucks her essence out, making the Ziggler normal. Rager then stabs the Ziggler as it fades away. Trevor releases Amy's essence and she reverts back to normal.

Amy: *yawns* Thank God.
Neuron: Inconceivable!
Trevor: Even though she was a Ziggler, her mind was still intact.
Amy: That's right! When he reminded me about our shopping spree, I regained control.

Flashback to where her eyes turned normal and she put her finger on his mouth, telling him to fake it out.

Amy: Just pretend.
Trevor: So, I trusted her and faked it out.
Amy: Impressive that he lowered your guard, wasn't it?

Trevor slams the gun down and stomps on it, destroying it.

Neuron: I have to say, it was impressive. Today has been amusing. Until then, farewell.

He teleports away.

Amy: Coward!
EZ: Amy, relax. It's been busy. Let's call it a day.
Trevor: Yeah, that took a lot out of me.
Amy: Sorry about that.
Trevor: Your forgiven.
Leon: Hey, what about Dweeb's party? I bet it's gonna be fun! I bet there's gonna be lots of hot girls and fun stuff like--

Forward into later in the night, where the Rangers and EZ are at his party, but are the only one's there. Where the music is not that loud and everything is boring.

Dweeb: Thanks for coming to my party, guys.
EZ: Hey, it's the best we can do.
Dweeb: Who wants cake?
Leon: Well that's one redeeming thing.

As Leon gets up from the couch, Trevor and Amy talk.

Amy: Trevor, I have a question.
Trevor: Shoot, not literally.
Amy: *laughs* When you talked that you had fun on that shopping spree, you also confessed your feelings for me. Was that true?
Trevor: Um, uh, well there is a simple explanation and that--

They are interrupted by Sadie.

Sadie: Guys, come on, you got to taste the cake, it's great!

She drags them by pulling their arms and brings them to the table, where they taste the cake. Meanwhile, in the Chairman's office...

The Suit: Mr. Chairman, would you like to proceed with the project?
Chairman: Yes, don't stop. We need to be ahead of both the Rangers and the Zenix Empire.
The Suit: What are you going to do about the latter?
Chairman: I have plans. Their not gonna take away my glory. Begin Project TX, aka the Termitron.

With that, the episode comes to a end.

NEXT TIME ON POWER RANGERS BATTLE BEASTS: The Zenix Empire strikes again when they send out another of Neuron´s monsters, Florarina. She ends up making Leon, Amy, and Trevor fall asleep and trap them in the dream world, leaving out Sara and Aaron. Will the two Rangers be able to wake them up?
_________________________________________________________________________________

That's the end of our episode. What did you think? Reply in the comments below. Only 7 Days Later until Christmas. Happy Holidays and until then, Later.

3 comments:

  1. Great interplay between Trevor and Amy (she's quickly becoming one of my favorite characters along with Leon; guess I'm just a cat person.) Also, I liked having the Rangers deal with threats from both factions at once. Will be interesting to see what happens when the Vanity Alliance and Zenix Empire choose to clash... or form an alliance.

    Oh, just curious, are you going to go by the standard format, or do what Neo-Saban's done and break up Battle Beasts into a standard run then a "Super" run?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Call me overkill, but I'm deciding to do three seasons of Battle Beasts, with 50 episodes each. The first season will adapt from Zyuohger, the second season will continue to deal with the Vanity Alliance, and the third will be an anniversary season.

      Delete
    2. Woah. That is quite the feat. I'm only planning to do 2 seasons of Helios with between 35-40 chapters in each. Best of luck to you.

      Delete